KOMBUCHA STARTER KIT [plus] CERTIFIED ORGANIC BLACK/GREEN TEA BLEND 50g [plus] CERTIFIED ORGANIC HERBAL INFUSION ~LEMON MYRTLE 50g & GINGER ROOT 50g~ [plus] CERTIFIED ORGANIC RAW SUGAR 250g
This complete starter kit enables you to make [12 litres] of Kombucha and up to [12 litres] of 2nd fermentation flavouring – It has all the essential ingredients to get you started and the SCOBY culture and equipment to keep you going. All you need to add is the sugar (we have supplied you with enough sugar for your first 2 litres of kombucha and for your 2nd fermentation.
Our Certified Organic Tea blend and the Botanicals are carefully selected for their amazing health benefits and make for some very interesting and tasty flavours for your brewed and finished Kombucha. Detail instructions are supplied with each Kombucha starter kit. Our aim is to provide an easy, natural and safer way to stay healthy. We stock a large range of black and green teas and botanical infusions.
• Perfect for beginners
• Live cultures
• No artificial flavours or preservatives
• Dairy free/gluten free/vegan
• Shelf stable
Once activated, your scoby can be reused to brew your own delicious booch time and time again. Your 1L brew is also the perfect starter culture for bigger fermenting vessels or crocks. It's the gift that keeps on giving!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan. Contains No Artificial Flavours, No Preservatives and is 100% Non-GMO, Mad Millie's DIY Kombucha Kit is the perfect gift for health-conscious sweet beverage lovers.
• 1 L Glass Jar • Metal Closure Lid • Thermometer Strip • Organic Kombucha SCOBY • Muslin Cloth • pH strips(80) • certified organic kombucha tea blend(50g) • certified organic raw sugar(250g) • certified organic lemon myrtle 2nd fermentation infusion(50g) • certified organic 2nd fermentation ginger root(50) • How to Guide
30 minutes preparation time and 7 - 25 days to ferment
The Mad Millie SCOBY is unique to other SCOBYs on the market as it is not dehydrated - it is ready to use straight away and it is shelf stable at room temperature for 10 months.
Kombucha contains naturally fermenting probiotics that help maintain healthy gut flora by increasing the number of beneficial organisms. It enhances the absorption of minerals, particularly calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus and copper.
What is Kombucha (come-BOO-chuh)? Kombucha is a fermented tea that, when brewed correctly, has no more alcohol in it than your average fruit juice. It is created when sweetened tea is allowed to ferment via a Symbiotic Colony of Bacteria and Yeast (SCOBY for short).
For the health-conscious seeking to brew healthy probiotic kombucha, you will be pleased to know all our SCOBY have been hand-brewed using Certified Organic products, thus giving you the healthiest SCOBY we possibly can.
We have also supplied you with Certified Organic Tea Blends and Botanicals as well as organic raw sugar to give you the best tasting Kombucha!
The flavour and nutritional value of kombucha is based on the tea that is used to make your brew. Each of our black and green teas has been carefully selected for their nutritional properties and all are well liked by the SCOBY. We also sell teas like Rooibos, Yerba Mate and Oolong, which are known to be well tolerated by the SCOBY and provide an interesting tasting kombucha. Every reason to use our variety of some of the most nutritious organic teas available!
A healthy SCOBY requires a balanced mixture of Black & Green tea. Once you've brewed a couple of batches of Kombucha and have a few SCOBY to spare, be adventurous and try brewing with Rooibos, Yerba Mate or green tea on its own.
Keeping up with the latest fermented foods trends and probiotic benefits can come at a hefty price. Why shell out $3 to $4 a bottle when can make kombucha from the comfort of your home for a fraction of the cost of commercial brands.
The beauty about making your own kombucha is that you can use your SCOBY over and over making endless bottles of kombucha. Try experimenting with different flavours or by adding herbs to give your Kombucha a different taste and some alternative health benefits.
Once you’ve learned how easy it is, have fun by adding a multitude of different flavours like fresh fruit, dried fruit, dried herbs etc. The choice is endless and there is plenty of YouTube videos to show you how.
· Kombucha contains naturally fermenting probiotics that help maintain healthy gut flora by increasing the number of beneficial organisms.
· It preserves nutrients and breaks them down into an easily digestible form, which allows you to absorb them better.
· It enhances the absorption of minerals, particularly calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, phosphorous and copper.
· Healthy gut flora improves digestion, fights candida overgrowth, improves mental clarity and stabilizes moods.
· A healthy gut can also be attributed to reducing or eliminating depression and anxiety.
· Kombucha contains numerous strains of yeasts and up to 20 different bacterial species.
· The enzymes and bacterial acids in kombucha ease the burden on the liver by reducing pancreatic load.
· Kombucha contains glucuronic acid, which binds to toxins and increases their excretion through the kidney or intestines.
· In 1951, a popular Russian study found that the daily consumption of kombucha was correlated with an extremely high resistance to cancer.
· It contains vitamin C, a potent detoxifier. It contains vitamin B, which has been associated with reducing blood pressure and supporting the nervous system. It also contains glucosamines, which are vital for the treatment and prevention of arthritis.
· Kombucha allegedly eliminates grey hair, increases sex drive and improves eyesight.
· Kombucha concentrates the antioxidants found in tea. Antioxidants not only fight the environmental toxins known as free radicals, which contribute to illness and disease, but help slow the aging process.
· Theoretically, powerful antioxidant nutrients can prevent and lessen wrinkles by promoting skin elasticity.
· Kombucha is anti-microbial due to its acetic and organic acids, proteins, enzymes and bacteriocins. It exerts anti-microbial activity against pathogenic bacteria like E coli and Salmonella. Incidentally, green tea kombucha has a higher anti-microbial effect than when made with black tea.
· Reduces sugar cravings and is a great substitute for soft drinks (please drink in moderation).
Certified Organic refers to plants grown without the use of synthetic or toxic substances for a three-year minimum period. Artificial colours or fragrances cannot have been added. If we look at the term "certified organic" on a label, we know it to mean grown and cultivated without the use of chemicals. The term “Certified Organic” is overseen by several internationally recognized bodies.
What is the difference between Organic and Certified Organic?
Organic means a compound that contains a carbon atom. Carbon is found in anything that has ever lived. This means that anyone can call his or her product “organic” without legal consequence because there are no governing authorities monitoring companies who abuse this terminology of organic.
In order to guarantee that products are organic, they need to be certified. Organic certification involves auditing an operation’s methods to ensure that they comply with the guidelines of organic production.
Standards setting follows a highly transparent process with the industry’s key stakeholders providing input via approximately a dozen Australian Organic Advisory Groups. These standards are upheld by rigorous auditing of operations and a third-party report reviewing process. This process itself is audited by government departments and authorities worldwide for ACO to maintain its accreditation as an international certifier.
Our supplier undergoes this auditing process annually to ensure they comply with the rigorous standards involved in being Certified Organic.